What can we say? Wine, grog & spirits are right up our alley! And talking philosophy over libations…even better! That’s why we love our community socials. Our Philosophy Think & Drinks are casual and informal, community-oriented, intellectually stimulating, and fun. You do not need a background in philosophy to enjoy & participate in these gatherings. An open mind & desire to engage in thoughtful dialogue (whether from a listening or contribution standpoint) is all that’s needed! For those who love philosophy but prefer not to partake in the libations side of things, don’t let that stop you from participating in the fun. We emphasize the think over the drink!
Our Helena Philosophy Think & Drinks are (typically) held on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 7pm-9pm at The Sapphire.
- January 17th 2019 – View Archive
- No February Think & Drink (due to APA Conference in Denver, CO)
- No March Think & Drink (due to our March 14th Philosophy Symposium)
- April 11th 2019 – View Archive
- May 9th 2019 – View Archive
- No June Think & Drink (due to Reeder’s Alley Block Party)
- July 11th 2019 – View Archive
- August 8th 2019 – View Archive
- September 13th 2019 (This will be a special T & D held on a Friday at Louise & Barry Ferst’s house in the garden) — Click here for more info/directions
- October 10th 2019
- November 14th 2019
- December 12th 2019
Our Missoula Philosophy Think & Drinks are (typically) held on the 2nd Sunday of each month from 6pm-8pm at Imagine Nation Brewing.
- April 14th 2019 – View Archive
- May 12th 2019 – View Archive
- June 9th 2019 – Archive Page Coming Soon
- July 14th 2019 – Archive Page Coming Soon
- August 11th 2019 — View Archive
- September 15th 2019 (bumped to the 3rd Sunday in Sept. due to Labor Day)
- October 13th 2019
- November 10th 2019
- December 8th 2019
Where: Imagine Nation Brewing – (1151 W Broadway St, Missoula, MT 59802)
Cost: Free (Buy your own grog)
RSVP: Contact Henry Kramer at [email protected], Ryan Aikin at [email protected], or Marisa at #406-439-5788 or [email protected].
What Are They About & How Do They Work?
Merlin Philosophy Think & Drinks are like “Philosophy Dojos” and are all about…
- Sharing ideas & insights
- Expanding & clarifying viewpoints
- Engaging in critical & creative thinking
- Strengthening & fostering community
- Participating in meaningful dialogue
- Having fun with philosophy
- And more…
Our Merlin Think & Drink gatherings are monthly (dojo) sessions that consist of a “meeting of the minds” over snacks & libations. After nabbing goodies and seats, getting acquainted (for those new to the dojo) & settling in…the eve begins. First in order — the democratic selection of a question (about a specific topic). No topics are off-limit; no questions are too broad, narrow, abstract, or concrete. Questions are posed by participants in a “round-robin” fashion, clarified, and then voted upon collectively. Once our “avenue of philosophical pursuit” is in place, we are ready to dive into a fun night of (facilitated) philosophical discussion.