- The value, role and evolution of empathy
- It’s relationship to “Good & Evil”
- And (a closely related area of exploration) the neuroscience of free-will.
To prepare for our group discussion, participants read the following articles:
- Article 1: The Science Behind Psycopaths & Extreme Altruists
- Article 2: How Responsible are Killers with Brain Damage?
Some additional resources provided for the particularly ambitious who wanted to digest a few videos, as well:
- Sympathy vs. Empathy (a video)
- Lessons on Empathy & Compassion from the Classroom (a documentary video)
Thanks to the generosity & super high-tech curating skills of Jemma Z. Hazen, you can also access all of the above resources by clicking on the Merlin CCC Flipboard page!