We (and our notes from January and February) have been LOST IN SPACE. Please forgive us! Here is what we have been able to depict from the stars…
The Questions We Considered…
- What’s the value in presenting different aspects of ourselves in different contexts? How does this interface with the integrity of our “selves”?
- What is being true to oneself mean? Must one have only one side in order to be true?
- What is teasing? What are the lines/boundaries? Does it have any value (e.g., educative, bonding, etc.) or contribute to some social good?
- Does order require authority? What are we talking about when we say ‘authority (moral, political physical)?
- e.g., Is anarchy scalable? Can it work?
- What are the aims of a justice system? And what elements need to be in place (or removed from consideration) in order to meet these aims?
Thank you to the Philosophy Learning & Teaching Organization (PLATO) and Montana Internet for supporting philosophy in the community and helping us bring activities like these to the Helena community!