Our June philosophy walk was wonderful. Accompanied by superb weather, courtesy of mother nature, our group headed out at 9:30am from Reeder’s Alley for a fun journey around downtown Helena and discussion about philosophy, urban design & development, nature, architecture, place (what contributes to our “sense of place”), and values.
On our walk we explored the following questions:
- What is the history of Helena?
- What values were in play and helped to shape it?
- Have these values changed? If so, how & why?
- Are there things we value that we do not see reflected in our city and wish we did?
- What can be done about that?
Special thanks to our guest speaker/historian/artist/co-philosopher on trail, Dennis McCahon, and to Michael Chapman for capturing photos of our walk & talk!
Thank you to P.L.A.T.O. (Philosophy Learning and Teaching Organization) for helping to support our philosophy in the community programs and making events like this possible!
Check out more pictures from our June 2017 Merlin Meandering below!