Our June philosophy walk was spectacular. We could not have asked for a more perfect day! The sun was shining, the skies were clear, the breeze was refreshing, and the bitterroots were in bloom! In addition, our group was fantastic…not to mention walking warriors! After all, we were on a mission…(we must see the bitterroots!).
With stunning scenery at every turn, our group soaked in the day and enjoyed titillating conversation about philosophy, technology & nature (thank you to Michael Chapman for co-leading the walk with us).
Our meandering explored the following questions:
- Review of things discussed from our April 2016 philosophy, technology & nature walk (which served as part 1 of this 2-part series walk)
- What is nature? What is technology? What are some examples of the ways in which we might be connected/disconnected from nature? What does a healthy relationship with nature look like? What role does technology play in our lives? What is the relationship between philosophy, technology & nature?
- What is the (western) tradition of environmental connection?
- What are some of the challenges we might face relative to a traditional connection with nature?
- Can technology be used to help us reconnect & foster a healthy relationship with nature?
- Can philosophy help us in this endeavor and, if so, how & why?
- And more…
Check out more pictures from our June 2016 Merlin Meandering below! Thank you to Justin Whitaker for providing some of these great photos!