Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! As this year comes to a close…we want to say THANK YOU. 2018 has been an amazing year and we couldn’t have done it without you. This newsletter features highlights from our 2018 philosophy in the community activities, as well as a sneak peek at some of the new programs we will be offering and things on the radar for 2019. We had a great time creating it and are excited to be sharing it with you.
But first order of business…gratitude. Thank you for your support. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. Thank you for your generosity and kindness.
Much Love & Thank You’s…..
- To you — the Helena community (individuals and businesses alike) – what an amazingly thoughtful, caring, and kind community we live in. Thank you for continuing to show us so much love and support.
- To our amazing volunteers, our core-volunteers, our volunteer advisory committee and our activities and event-volunteers — you’re phenomenal; we could not do what we’re doing without you! Thank you so much for everything you do and your belief in the value of philosophy and community.
- To Bob & Hopi Stevens (in memoriam) and their loving family members for their support of our philosophy walks on Little Falcon Farm and Merlin Nature Preserve. You continue to be an inspiration to us and so many others, Bob & Hopi.
- To Dennis McCahon & Martin Richard — for your enthusiastic support of our philosophy in the community activities and your wonderful contributions to the dialogue.
- To Lee B. Waian (in memoriam) — For continuing to be an inspiration and catalyst for so many beautiful things in this world. Your memory lives on….
- To Tricia Clemons — For being such a rockstar and a constant source of encouragement and support.
- To P.L.A.T.O. — you continue to hold a very special place in our hearts. From our grants in 2017 & 2018 to our recent partnership affiliation in November of this year, we are honored and humbled…and are looking forward to our continued and collaborative efforts to enrich lives and strengthen the community and environment through philosophy!
- To Humanities Montana — much gratitude for awarding our organization a grant for our 2018-2019 Philosophy Symposium-Walk Series and for selecting our “Philosophy: What is It Good For?” as a new program on your 2019 Montana Conversations roster. We are beside ourselves….thank you so much!
- To the Helena Exchange Club — your continued support for our philosophy in the community for kids programs means the world to us! Thanks to you we have been able to offer kids of all ages Halloween Hayride-Philosophy Walks on Merlin Nature Preserve in both 2017 & 2018. Muchas Gracias.
- To NEH and the STOA — To have been selected to participate in the National Endowment for Humanities Summer Institute “Reviving Philosophy as a Way of Life”was a tremendous honor. Thank you so much Professors Sullivan, Angle, and Grimm for the amazing opportunity and to everyone in the “Philosophy as a Way of Life” family. VIVA LA STOA. Here’s to 2019!
- To the scholars, academicians & professionals who have so generously donated their time and expertise as panelists & facilitators at our symposiums, philosophers-on-trail on our philosophy walks, philosophy workshop leaders, philosophy read-in & Halloween Hayride Walk storytellers, and logistical & strategic toga ninja warriors in our operational shenanigans.
- To Barry & Louise Ferst — for your support, encouragement, and guidance.
- To Carroll College, KCAP & HCTV for supporting our efforts in countless ways.
- And last, but certainly not least, to our donors AND community supporters who have put your faith and belief in us and contributed to our organization by way of your continued participation and generous donations. You are beloved!
And now….Onward Ho, Mateys! To highlights from 2018, new programs, and things in queue for 2019. (And yup…we just mashed together western frontier and high seas lingo for no reason other than the pure joy we get when saying them together. Plus, ‘mateys’ means friends…and who doesn’t love good pals?!).
We hope you enjoy this newsletter and we look forward to serving you in 2019. We could not do what we do without you. It truly does take a community!
With Kindness & Gratitude,
Founder & Executive Director, Merlin CCC
119 Reeder’s Alley, Helena MT 59601
If you are not on our Merlin Mailer newsletter list and would like to be so that you can receive our newsletters & announcements about our philosophy walks, community socials & more, please subscribe by clicking here!