Please join us for our philosophy walk on Saturday, November 2nd from 10am-1pm. Topic: Nature & the Humanities. Special guest speakers/philosophers-on-trail — Ed Glowienka (Associate Professor of Philosophy, Carroll College) & Henry Kramer (2019 Merlin Student Fellow, University of Montana Missoula).
Some of the things we’ll be exploring along the way:
- What are the humanities and why are they important?
- How the humanities speak to us & inspire action through story and imagination
- The relationship between the humanities and scientific studies
- Re-enchanting Nature via the humanities & the role of wonder
- What does philosophy have to offer to the conversation?
Meeting/Hike Location: Mount Helena (Our group will meet at the trailhead in the parking lot and then proceed to the Ambrose trail from there).
To learn more & sign-up for our free meandering, visit our philosophy walks page.