Wow…..words cannot adequately express our gratitude for everyone who helped to support philosophy in the community during this year’s Greater Helena Gives drive. Because of you, we raised $3,420! We are humbled and thankful to you all…and to Helena Area Community Foundation for all of your hard work hosting this event for Helena non-profits!
DONORS SUPPORTING PHILOSOPHY IN THE COMMUNITY
We are a community philosophy organization. Our work is not just philosophy for the community, but philosophy for & by the community. We believe that we are all philosophers in an important and very real sense. After all the questions of philosophy, are the questions of life…and everyone has something to offer. Some of our founding principles include the belief that:
- Philosophy is valuable, practical, and relevant
- Philosophy should be a resource for everyone
- Philosophy is something that can be done by any & all people
- Philosophy can help us flourish, individually & as a people
- Philosophy is more than just something to be studied; it is meant to be lived—not in ways that remove or divorce us from the world & its problems, but as active agents within it
With this in mind, our mission involves creating opportunities for people of all backgrounds and ages (from children to elders) to gather, to learn from and with one another, and to uniquely cultivate their personal and civic selves through philosophy. Our unique, fun & accessible programs are free to the public and designed to facilitate and encourage critical, creative thinking, the exchange of ideas, and application of philosophy to everyday life.